Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays [5] - Merry Christmas!




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you are all having a nice holiday hopefully with family and friends. Here is a shirt I custom made and gave myself for Christmas:

It says, "My Blog is better than your Vlog"

Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Teaser:

"Grinning as if he didn't have a care in the world, he started sliding his arms through the snow, along with his legs, moving them like windshield wipers. Really nice-looking windshield-wipers. I started to laugh, but it got stuck in my throat as my heart swelled. Never in my life did I think Daemon would be into the snow-angel making business. And for some reason, that made me all warm and fuzzy. 'You should try it,' he coaxed, eyes closed. 'It gives you perspective.'"


Goodreads Summary:


No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


6 comments:

  1. Jessica@a GREAT readDecember 25, 2012 at 6:35 AM

    Nice tease!! Still need to read the second one and buy this bad boy!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Merry Christmas!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely teaser! :) I've seen this book around, but still haven't read it.

    Here's my TT

    Merry Christmas!


    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by and following - I have returned the favor :) Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read Onyx, but after that....

    Love your "My Blog is better than your Vlog" shirt! .)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I am excited to get it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!