Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday [13] - Two of you exist...One survives?



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Dualed (Dualed #1) by Elsie Chapman



Publisher: February 26, 2013 Random House Books
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Fantasy
Goodreads Summary

The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.

Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her.

Elsie Chapman's suspenseful YA debut weaves unexpected romance into a novel full of fast-paced action and thought-provoking philosophy. When the story ends, discussions will begin about this future society where every adult is a murderer and every child knows there is another out there who just might be better.


21 comments:

  1. Jessica@a GREAT readFebruary 20, 2013 at 1:25 AM

    Nice! Been seeing a lot of this! Believe it was on Netgalley too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I will have to look. Need to *squee* a bit - I went to Netgalley after you told me Gameboard of the Gods was over there and I have it now. Super excited! Thank you so much for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited about this one too.

    Hope you get to read it soon!

    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly @ Words Fueled by LoveFebruary 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM

    Sounds interesting, first time I've heard about it!

    Old follower via GFC.

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, I am very interested in this one, too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dualed sounds amazing! I can't wait to read it. Great pick!

    Em @ A Beautiful Madness

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow-- I hadn't heard of this one-- thanks for letting me know about it!

    Here's my WoW - The Program by Suzanne Young

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too! With how my to-read list looks, it may be longer than I'd like. Thank you so much for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! Thank you so much for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My pleasure :) Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :D I hope we both get to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these types of plots! The cover is creepy... this sounds really interesting, I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cover of this! I hadn't heard of it before but now am definitely listing it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now this sounds like my kinda read. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Nice :) Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful! I am glad it interests you. Thank you so much for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was one of my picks last week and I'm really excited about it. I really like the sound of it and I can't wait. Great pick!

    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been seeing it around more and more too. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me too! I am really looking forward to it. Thank you so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!