Monday, July 21, 2014

Welcome to Heena and Matt

Hey everyone! I'd like to introduce two new reviewers for JC's Book Haven. I'm so excited about them joining! It will really help me out with all the review requests. Please join me in welcoming Heena and Matt:


I’m a 23 year old curious soul. I live in Pune, Maharashtra, India.

I’m married. I have a very loving husband who is an infinite source for my strength.

I studied for two years in engineering college (Electronics & Comm. Engineering). I hated it, dropped out, and got a B. Com. degree. I've also done 3D Animation Film Making from Big Aims. Leaving engineering is the best decision I've ever made. And so, I've made a promise to myself to never ever do something that I don’t really like, no matter what.

I am an avid reader and being opinionated serves me well to be a reviewer. I read & review pretty much anything that is Adventure, Apocalyptic, Classical, Crime, Dystopia, Factual, Fantasy, Horror, Literary-Fiction, New Adult, Paranormal, Philosophical, Romance, Science-fiction, Suspense, Thriller and Young Adult and any new genre that I might find interesting, except political and erotica.

I’m exceptionally difficult to offend, and I have few scruples about what I read, so as long as the fiction falls loosely within the mentioned categories, I’ll be happy to review it!

I am quite bold regarding the reviews. I don’t have a problem saying anything from “I just didn’t like it", to “This book was awful”! I don’t care, because for me it’s very important to be honest about my views. Besides, I feel obligated to give an accurate review.

Besides reading, I love writing, singing, baking, watching random movies, cartoons, sleeping, etc. I love dancing more than anything and my dream is to learn all forms of dance.

I love dogs, specially German Shepherds and I'm strictly against animal abuse!

I like playing action-adventure games on Play Station (PS-3 and PS-4) and some favorites are God Of War  (series), Infamous (series), Batman (Arkham series) and Sly Cooper. I love f.r.i.e.n.d.s. and Sienfield the most.

I do believe that books are better than movie adaptations. And trust me GoT (ASOIAF ) books are way better than GoT TV series!

I'm a football lover and my favorite teams are Germany and Netherland. My favorite clubs are- Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

I’m a Hindu Rajput. I don’t mention that often because that’s not the point, but probably my faith impacts my opinion on certain novels.

So there’s a little more about me… in case you were wondering, and maybe you weren’t.



Connect with Heena: Twitter | Goodreads






How to explain me? My name is Levis Matthew Ely, and I go by Matt...it's just easier. I grew up a navy brat, where either I was moving, or my friends were so I had plenty of time to read while trying to make new ones. I grew up Adventuring with Edgar Rice Burroughs (Conan, John Carter, Tarzan) and Louis L'Amour (the Sackett's, Talon's and Chantry's). Then around Age 11, I Stumbled onto Dragonlance and Forgotton Realms. I slowly transitioned into a more sci-fi realm with Enders Game and Star Wars novels.

Well, it all leads to what you have here today. I love to read pretty much anything that can grab my attention and hold it. I prefer sci-fi or supernatural, but crime, thriller and horror have all found their way onto my shelf more then once. Combine some of those together, and I'm more than likely gonna dive in and give it a read. In the last 5 years, the only series I didn't finish on purpose, if you can believe it, is Game of Thrones. Yeah I know, burn the witch.. But hey, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Genres I enjoy include:
Paranormal
Science Fiction
Thriller
Horror
Crime
Western
Fairy Tales
Dystopia
Cyberpunk
Demons
Angels
Alternate Universe
Steampunk
Space Opera

Other then reading, I do enjoy sports, as well as tv shows like Once Upon a Time, Big Bang Theory, Face Off and Lost Girl. I enjoy all types of music. I'll listen to just about anything. I graduated in 1993 or there about, it's been so long (j/k i know when). I have a nice desk job at a company I enjoy working for. So all in all, I have no complaints. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Connect with Matt: Goodreads


I'm also working on a blog re-design so you will see that soon.
I'm really happy with my concept and what I have so far.

10 comments:

  1. Hey there Heena and Matt! I can't wait to read your reviews. I'm pretty sure my TBR shelf won't be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Jaclyn! It's really a privilege to be reviewing for JC's Book Haven.
    Also, Hi Matt and welcome aboard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to meet you both. I have a special place in my heart for guy reviewers. They seem rare and I love a guy's perspective on the books I read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Robyn! We'll try our best to make it happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the warm welcome. So many books to share and so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to have you :D I'm looking forward to us working together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely! You have a passion for books that it's time to share with the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Heena & Matt! I'm looking forward to reading reviews from you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot Robyn! We'll try our best to make it happen :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!